Sharon Oscar's real estate practice spans over 40 years and focuses on the sale, acquisition, leasing and property management of all types of commercial properties, including shopping centers, retail, office, industrial, vacant land, medical and hotel, for both sellers and buyers and landlords and tenantsand for Receivers. She also has extensive experience in title insurance and escrow matters, having served as in-house counsel for two major title insurance companies. Sharon's equine law practice covers comprehensive legal services including the purchase, sale and leasing of horses and horse properties, transactional work covering such contracts as waivers and releases, training, boarding and management agreements, transfers and assistance with association registrations and working with other attorneys here on entity formation, insurance, litigation and estate planning aspects of horse-related needs.
Sharon received her J.D. from Northern Ohio University College of Law in 1975 and her B.A., magna cum laude, from the University of Arizona in 1972. She is an AV 5.0 Preeminent Peer Review Rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell and has been recognized by US News Best Lawyers in America since 2010 and by Southwest Super Lawyers since 2008.
- Representation of client with lease review, lease amendments, title review and closing matters on multi-state retail property acquisitions over a period of two years, comprised of hundreds of sites, and totaling in excess of $1,000,000,000.
- Representation of landlords and tenants in connection with the negotiation and drafting of numerous commercial leases, including numerour Stark-related leases.
- Representation of client regarding title insurance and reinsurance issues on a $200 million financing transaction.
- Representation of the seller of a major shopping center in Phoenix to a national shopping center owner.
- Representation of Real Estate Investment Trusts in the acquisition of properties, leases and property management issues.
- Representation of an investor in connection with the acquisition of 25 shopping centers located in thirteen states for approximately $120 million and the post-closing leasing and property management issues.
- Representation of buyer of a high-rise office building in the Phoenix area on both the acquisition and loan.
- Representation of landlords and tenants regarding medical and health care offices and urgent care leasing.
- Representation of client, ground lessee, in the negotiation and preparation of ground leases for a power center comprised exclusively of ground subleases.
- Representation of landlords and tenants regarding restaurant leases, including franchises.
- Representation of clients in the acquisition and sale of hotels.
- Acted as Deputy Receiver regarding the asset administration and liquidation of Receivers of insurance companies involving multi-million dollar portfolios, including the sale of properties, the managment of properties and the sale of mortgage portfolios by bid, both commercial and residential, throughout the United States, all through receivership court administration.
- Representation of buyer in the acquisition and leaseback of horse properties, including boarding agreements and waivers.
- Representation of Association in the negotiation of a major annual, national horse show with the municipality.
- Representation of numerous horse facilities and horse trainers regarding waivers and other agreements.
- Representation of seller of horse-boarding facility and carryback financing regarding the sale.
Member, State Bar of Arizona
Member, International Council of Shopping Center
Member, United States Equestrian Association
Member, United States Hunter Jumper Association
Member, Arizona Hunter Jumper Association
Member, Arabian Horse Association of Arizona
Member, Arizona Commercial Real Estate Women, 1985-2008
Former Board Member, Arizona Quarter Horse Association